Join us in Banff, Alberta for the 2014 Symposium on Scholarship of Teaching and Learning, Nov. 6-8. The call for proposals is now open and the deadline is April 30, 2014. For information, see this page: http://www.isotlsymposium.mtroyal.ca/call-for-proposals.html and to submit a proposal, use the form here: http://www.isotlsymposium.mtroyal.ca/proposal-form.html .
With a theme of Collaborative Conversations, we:re looking for proposals in the following areas:
* Research on teaching and learning – presentations on active or completed SoTL projects
* Involving undergraduate students in SoTL – presentations on best practices or example projects where undergraduate students are acting as co-researchers
* Teaching and learning with technology – presentations on the utility and impact of technology for teaching and learning
* Collaborating beyond the single-classroom – presentations on multi-class, interdisciplinary, or cross-institutional projects
* Methodologies and innovative approaches to data gathering and analysis – presentations providing a ‘how to’ introduction to specific research methods and theoretical frameworks
* Calls for collaboration, triangulation, and development (poster session only) – poster presentations that share early-stage research questions with the objective of establishing connections with like-minded researchers